When I was in the US many seasons ago, I often frequented an ice cream store that sold not just scoops of ice cream but ice cream creations where you get to pick the flavor(s) of ice cream as well as the ingredients that you want to put in. Then they mix it in front of you and serve it in a cup lined with a sugar cone. I often included cake slices in my cup because I just love cake.
And that is exactly what I did with my fluffy, chocolate-flavored Inipit. I made an ice cream creation on this hot and humid afternoon for my kids’ snacks. And well, I guess you know how they received it. Indeed, ang “Sarap maging kid with Inipit!” Here’s the recipe:
My creation — Cool It Choco-Vanilla Inipit.
Cool It Choco-Vanilla Inipit
1 Inipit chocolate
Vanilla ice cream
Coarsely crushed roasted cashew nuts
Small marshmallows (optional)
The four ingredients that you will need. I used cashew because we are just crazy about this nut.
Preparing the things that I need.
Making this cool creation is as simple as mixing the ice cream and the cake.
1. Slice the Inipit into squares.
2. Scoop some ice cream onto a plate or big bowl and add the Inipit slices. Add the marshmallows if desired.
3. Using a spatula, mix the ice cream and cake (and marshmallows) well (or you may want to leave the cake chunky). You may add more ice cream or cake, depending on the consistency that you desire.
4. Scoop these onto your serving bowls and freeze, covered, for about 30 minutes before serving so that the ice cream and cake will hold together.
5. Serve with the crushed cashew nuts, some more Inipit slices, and then drizzle with chocolate syrup on top.
Naturally, this was a hit with my little one who likes both ice cream and cake.
My big girl just came home from her DVBS and I asked her if she wanted a bowl, too. Surprisingly, she said yes and finished it! She said, “Mom, you make the best snacks!” Isn’t that heartwarming?
My eldest daughter, who is not really fond of ice cream, finished the two scoops that I gave her. My little one also finished two scoops! That was their snack for today–filling, delicious, and definitely refreshing in this heat.
Tip: You can opt to use different flavored ice creams and mix and match them with the different flavored Inipit cakes available in your supermarket. You may also want to add fruits or candy sprinkles. Use colorful serving bowls and cups, as these are such a delight for the kids. Enjoy because there is #NoLimitWithInipit!