Try this easy to make
CREAMY CUSTARD BREAD PUDDING
I like to bread. I love different kinds of bread and we regularly have different kinds in the house. But needless to say, I looooveee bread pudding MORE. But not just any bread pudding, I love the creamy, sweet type of bread pudding that melts in the mouth. So great with as snacks with coffee or even as dessert. So here’s something that I made in the kitchen. I just estimated most of the ingredients, but will try to write them down.
Creamy Custard Bread Pudding
About 20 pieces of sliced bread (depends on the size and density of the bread you are using)
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
1 cup milk
1 box all-purpose cream
6 medium eggs, beaten
1 cup sugar
1/2 grated cheese
1. Slice the bread into small cubes. Mix with the raisins and pat them down in a 9×9-inch pan.
2. Make the custard mixture. Combine the milk, cream, beaten eggs, sugar, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Pour the custard mix all over the bread making sure that you have wet all the areas. You may press the bread cubes to make sure that everything is soaked. Let it stay for about 30 minutes to an hour.
4. Heat oven to 180°C.
5. Top the pudding mixture with the grated cheese and some more raisins if you wish.
6. Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned.
7. Cool and refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
This kind of bread pudding tastes better when it’s chilled. Also the refrigeration makes the pudding firmer to slice so it doesn’t break when on the plate. Serve with coffee or your favorite cold drink. You may also top it with syrup to make it sweeter. By the way, you may omit the raisins because some people don’t like raisins. My kids don’t either, that’s why I know. hehe They remove the raisins with each bite.
Enjoy this tasty treat at home! 😀