Special and abundant food is synonymous to celebrations. Wouldn’t it be great to celebrate your birthday at Vikings Luxury Buffet? And wouldn’t it be greater if it is FREE? I did it and you can, too!
Two days before my birthday on October 26, 2015, Vikings opened its first branch in the Visayas, here in my hometown, Bacolod. Located at the ground floor, north wing of SM City Bacolod, the opening of Vikings Bacolod had been much anticipated, thanks to their much delayed opening and rumors of whether they are actually opening of not.
For three days after from their opening day, Vikings is giving 50% discount to customers who are bold enough to come to the restaurant wearing any Viking mask, helmet, or a full costume, if you wish. And many people took part in this promo. Not only do you get to #EatLikeAViking, you get a significant discount off your meal.
But if it is your birthday or your birth month, you can actually get a FREE MEAL at Vikings for the whole month. YES! The birthday celebrator can eat for free for one whole month at Vikings Bacolod. Want to know how? Read on!
The birthday celebrant may eat for free at Vikings for ONE WHOLE MONTH only when he/she meets the following conditions:
Vikings Birthday Promo Mechanics
- Birthday celebrants of all ages can avail of the birthday promo on their special day itself and on their birthday month.
- Each celebrant can eat for FREE on the day of their birthday on both lunch and dinner, as long as they are accompanied by ONE FULL PAYING ADULT.
- Each celebrant CAN EAT FOR FREE FOR ONE MONTH on both lunch and dinner per day, as long as it is within the month of his/her birthday and accompanied by FOUR FULL PAYING ADULTS.
- A full paying adult means adult guests who will be paying the full rate without any discounts.
- Requirements for the Celebrants: Celebrant must bring an ORIGINAL and VALID government issued picture I.D. with the birthdate printed on it. Both local and foreign I.D.s are accepted for proof (such as S.S.S., N.B.I., Driver’s License, Pag-Ibig, P.R.C., Barangay, Unified, Police Clearance I.D. or Passport). If the celebrant doesn’t have a government issued picture I.D., he/she may bring his/her birth certificate supported by any picture I.D. (school I.D., parent’s I.D., or company I.D.).
- The birthday promo can’t be used in conjunction with their current promotions or discounts (including senior citizen discounts).
- Using gift certificates to avail of this promo will not be honored.
Aside from getting a free meal, you also get perks. I celebrated my birthday at Vikings with a fellow blogger, whose birthday also falls on October. They have a crew members assigned to do just that—to go around and provide greetings and all-around entertainment to the birthday celebrator. They would drop by your table whenever they are available bringing a placard that says “Happy Birthday”. They will place a Viking hat on your head, present you with a little birthday cake with a candle that you can blow, and they will start singing. If you don’t look too pleased, they will try to present another funny number to elicit even a giggle. As in they pulled out all strings to make sure that it is a fun time for the celebrant. I was not really up to it but my wife had to make the arrangements so that I will this treatment. Okay, fine, I have to admit that it was fun and I was happy because my wife was so happy with what she did. And well, it is not every day that I turn 40. hehe
But the best part that made this birthday celebration at Viking super special is, of course, THE FOOD! They serve several international cuisines. And believe me, there are SOOO MANY choices that I did not even get to taste everything. Yeah, because even just going around tasting their fares would be enough to get you to become full. Hmmm…I guess that’s reason enough to visit them again! I better buy a piggy bank so that I can start saving for my next visit! Haha
I am a Japanese food lover so I went gaga over at the Japanese Food Station, specifically the Sushi Station! My wife and I had to have extra visits there for more salmon sashimi! They served many kinds of sushi, from California Maki, Philadelphia, Mt. Apo Roll, Frutha Roll, Mango Wrap, Pineapple Roll, and more…! Overwhelming right? Then you have to read my wife’s guide to eat at Vikings. Then it becomes easier to go through the stations when you have prepared for it. Related story: Eat Like a Viking: How To Enjoy the Vikings Luxury Buffet
And oh! I haven’t mentioned the dessert table where milk chocolate and white chocolate fondues kept flowing. Don’t you worry about washing down that much food that you gobbled because they also have a Drinks Station for your source of unlimited drinks from soda, juices, beer, teas, sake, etc. Yeah I know, you better take out some Kleenex to wipe that drooling.
Note: Vikings Luxury Buffet at SM City Bacolod is open daily from 10am to 2pm for lunch and from 5:30pm to 10pm for dinner. At this time when they just opened, I would suggest that you make reservations before going there. While they do accept walk-ins, you are not guaranteed a slot for the meal you desire. We would know. We went there yesterday on my exact birthday without planning for it and we ended up on Number 80 for the Walk-ins list. In the end, we were never able to get in. So lesson learned. The crowd may lessen after their opening salvo, but it is still best to make reservations, especially if you are going there in a big group.
Enjoy and #EatLikeAViking! It is every foodie’s heaven!