12 2 1
Holiday meals: Lechon Sisig Recipe
Would you want to prepare this lechon sisig recipe at home?
The holidays are coming and many of us are sure going to have lechon in our get-togethers. It seems inevitable to find a lechon as the centerpiece of parties here in the Philippines.
While the most common solution to leftover lechon–bones, ribs, head, fat–is, of course, to transform it into lechon paksiw (a pork stew with the distinct flavor of the roast pig), another thing that you can do especially with that pig head is to make it into lechon sisig. Though it may take more effort than your usual lechon paksiw, at least you get a new dish that’s both flavorful and interesting and can serve two purposes–as ulam or as pulutan for another round the following night.
Related story: Lechon de Bacolod
We got an especially big pig head last time after the Mooncake Festival dinner. But we didn’t have other parts with it–just the head. So I decided to make it into lechon sisig for the family’s Sunday lunch. Here’s what I did:
Sizzling Lechon Sisig
Lechon Sisig Ingredients:
2 cloves garlic, pounded
3 Tbsps. oil
2 large white onions, chopped
Mask of the pig, coarsely chopped
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
1 tsp. sugar
5 Tbsps. soy sauce
2 Tbsps. Pinakurat (spicy vinegar)
3 Tbsps. rice wine or red wine (optional_
2 pcs. chili (1 red, 1 green), sliced thinly
Lechon Sisig Procedure:
1. Saute garlic in oil for a minute. Add half of the chopped onions and saute until translucent.
2. Stir in the chopped pork mask.
3. Add the bay leaves, salt and pepper, sugar, soy sauce, Pinakurat, wine, and chili slices.
4. Mix well and let fry this, stirring occasionally, until the pork is heated through. You can cook it longer if you want the pork to be crunchier. By this time, the pork fat has come out.
5. Add the rest of the chopped onions, stir and cook for a minute, the remove from heat.
6. Heat a sizzling plate and grease with butter. Put some cooked lechon sisig and let it sizzle. When it is heated through, top with raw egg (it will be cooked by the heated of the sisig and the metal plate).
7. Serve with calamansi and some mayonnaise on top. Consume while it is hot.
Note: When you are making this lechon sisig recipe at home, you may want to cook a lot of rice as this can move so many cups. You may also have to stand up several times to heat more lechon sisig on the sizzling plate, since it is best eaten hot.
Needless to say, my husband overate again. haha The lechon sisig recipe is so easy to make and so yummy, too! 😀 Try it!
Related Posts via Categories
12 2 1